Well I haven’t posted a WWW (What I’m Working on Wednesday) post in like forever – well not since May anyway. Does that mean I haven’t been working on anything? No of course not and if you’ve visited my Finish It Friday posts you know I’ve been doing a little bit anyway.
Okay so what have I been working on since May? Here’s a brief (I think) rundown of some of the works:
- The butterfly vest – all embroidery is finished. I just need to add some sequins, beads, and maybe a few more stitches, and then maybe line it.
- The monochromatic bird nest – some stitching has
been done on the bird nest part but I haven’t worked on it in a while.
Bird Nest Embroidery
- The summer hexagon wall hanging – the hexagons
have been stitched together and now I’m working on adding some border half
hexagons etc. Again I put it aside for a while. I’m debating my choice of
fabric for the final round. I thought it looked like shiny, sparkly beach
sand but now I’m not so sure. I plan to use the same fabric for binding.
Summer Hexagon Wall Hanging
- The crazy quilt elephant block – a lot more detail
has been added but I still have more to go. It gets picked up every now
and again. I finally had to print out a copy of it and scratch some notes
on it so I could remember what I planned to do to it. Notice the upper left corner tie fabric.
I couldn’t decide what to do on that seam allowance and so I tried to
imitate the fabric. This is an idea I’ve been toying with, it isn’t
perfect but it’s a great future reference.
Notes Elephant Crazy Quilt Block
- The crazy quilt blocks for “She Colored Everything
Yellow” have also had a little detail added to them (well to one of them).
Bullion loops, French knots, buttonhole stitch and more. I really need to
get busy and give them some undivided attention.
She Colored Everything Yellow Crazy Quilt Block
- Embroidery has really taken over my creative life lately. Can you tell? All of my Finishes have been of small embroidery.
- I’ve finished embroidering the Love sampler, just
need to put it in the framing hoop and I’m done!
Love Sampler Embroidery
- The scribble “Elephant Bathing” that I did when I
was a teenager has taken on a new life as an embroidered piece. Right now
I’m just using it to test out a product. I have a feeling I will be doing
more than one or two pieces based on that scribble.
Bathing Elephant Scribble
- In the mix is a scrappy quilt for our guild’s “wounded
warrior project”. I agreed to do one that was all cut out from donated
fabric. The pattern is Bonnie Hunter’s Pineapple Blossoms.
Wounded Warrior Blocks in Process
- What there’s more? Yes indeed. I have been busy
making little tiny crochet dresses to be used as favors when my granddaughter
gets introduced to the world (well to friends and family of the mom).
She’s due to arrive in two weeks! Her ‘met the baby’ party won’t be until
Mini Crochet Dresses
- Also crocheting some tiny doilies to finish off
some already made needle “nabbers”. They just need to be added to the pots
before they are glued onto a wood circle and little ladybug buttons need
to be glued to the flowers. Then they are off to a quilt shop in Hawaii!
Mini Crochet Doilies
- Okay I need to make this an even dozen. What else
is there? Oh yeah that’s right, I worked on trying to make my daughter a
sleep mask. Wasn’t too successful in that department. The first one was
too small and the second one was too tight.
Not to worry though there are more projects waiting in the queue!
Happy Stitching (on Wednesday and every other day)!