Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Hello there! WWW

Well I haven’t posted a WWW (What I’m Working on Wednesday) post in like forever – well not since May anyway. Does that mean I haven’t been working on anything? No of course not and if you’ve visited my Finish It Friday posts you know I’ve been doing a little bit anyway.
Okay so what have I been working on since May? Here’s a brief (I think) rundown of some of the works:
  1. The butterfly vest – all embroidery is finished. I just need to add some sequins, beads, and maybe a few more stitches, and then maybe line it.
  2. The monochromatic bird nest – some stitching has been done on the bird nest part but I haven’t worked on it in a while.
    Bird Nest Embroidery
  3. The summer hexagon wall hanging – the hexagons have been stitched together and now I’m working on adding some border half hexagons etc. Again I put it aside for a while. I’m debating my choice of fabric for the final round. I thought it looked like shiny, sparkly beach sand but now I’m not so sure. I plan to use the same fabric for binding.
    Summer Hexagon Wall Hanging
  4. The crazy quilt elephant block – a lot more detail has been added but I still have more to go. It gets picked up every now and again. I finally had to print out a copy of it and scratch some notes on it so I could remember what I planned to do to it.  Notice the upper left corner tie fabric. I couldn’t decide what to do on that seam allowance and so I tried to imitate the fabric. This is an idea I’ve been toying with, it isn’t perfect but it’s a great future reference.
    Notes
    Elephant Crazy Quilt Block
  5. The crazy quilt blocks for “She Colored Everything Yellow” have also had a little detail added to them (well to one of them). Bullion loops, French knots, buttonhole stitch and more. I really need to get busy and give them some undivided attention.
    She Colored Everything Yellow Crazy Quilt Block
  6. Embroidery has really taken over my creative life lately. Can you tell? All of my Finishes have been of small embroidery.
  7. I’ve finished embroidering the Love sampler, just need to put it in the framing hoop and I’m done!
    Love Sampler Embroidery
  8. The scribble “Elephant Bathing” that I did when I was a teenager has taken on a new life as an embroidered piece. Right now I’m just using it to test out a product. I have a feeling I will be doing more than one or two pieces based on that scribble.
    Bathing Elephant Scribble
  9. In the mix is a scrappy quilt for our guild’s “wounded warrior project”. I agreed to do one that was all cut out from donated fabric. The pattern is Bonnie Hunter’s Pineapple Blossoms.
    Wounded Warrior Blocks in Process
  10. What there’s more? Yes indeed. I have been busy making little tiny crochet dresses to be used as favors when my granddaughter gets introduced to the world (well to friends and family of the mom). She’s due to arrive in two weeks! Her ‘met the baby’ party won’t be until December though.
    Mini Crochet Dresses
  11. Also crocheting some tiny doilies to finish off some already made needle “nabbers”. They just need to be added to the pots before they are glued onto a wood circle and little ladybug buttons need to be glued to the flowers. Then they are off to a quilt shop in Hawaii!
    Mini Crochet Doilies
  12. Okay I need to make this an even dozen. What else is there? Oh yeah that’s right, I worked on trying to make my daughter a sleep mask. Wasn’t too successful in that department. The first one was too small and the second one was too tight.
    Sleep Mask

Not to worry though there are more projects waiting in the queue!

Happy Stitching (on Wednesday and every other day)!


Rose

3 comments:

margaret said...

Well Rose you certainly have many projects and such variety to, you will not get bored as you have so much to choose from. Your finished piece love is a real beauty, best of luck completing the other projects, will be good to see them when done. Feel I should not hold my breath though!

Rose said...

Your right Margaret please don't hold your breath waiting for my finishes! Haha. Too many ideas running around in my head and a new grandbaby coming soon to keep me busy!
Thank you for being a regular here!

Karen said...

wow!! You have been busy Rose. There are so many gorgeous things here to admire and peruse...the best kind of browsing.