Sunday, February 5, 2012

TAST Notation

Here’s week 5 progress for the TAST (Take A Stitch Tuesday) Challenge run by Sharon from PinTangle.
Herringbone Stitch Sampler

This stitch is the herringbone stitch, part of the cross stitch family and for me not that difficult of a stitch. 
The first row is a non counted one with exaggerated lines. 
The second row was done actually counting the threads and trying to make the stitches even. 
The third row left hand side is a regular herringbone that was done in one color and then a second herringbone done in between it using a different color. 
The right side of the third row is a closed herringbone stitch. 
Chevron stitch is the fourth row and you can tell I wasn’t counting threads! 
The fifth row is a Breton stitch. 
The last row is a threaded herringbone. Again I did the herringbone in one color and threaded it with a second color. I’m still using the variegated thread as in the other samples I’m just cutting the thread so that there is a difference in color.
CQ2012 January Block with TAST stitches

The CQ January block which is still a WIP (Work In Progress) has all of the TAST stitches on it. I just have a few more small seams to embellish and then some small embroidery to stitch and buttons to sew on. Where does the time go? I really should be working on my February block.

Happy stitching!
 Rose

2 comments:

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

Such beautiful, precise stitching! The colors you chose look lovely together as well.

Anni - Fabric and Mixed Media Art said...

Rose thanks for your sweet comment, it's not always easy to find time for everything, grandchildren are the best in the world and a joy to take care of, I have two grandsons two years old and twins, your herringbone stitching are so beautifully done.
Anni