Monday, October 8, 2012

Introducing My BFF …


Well in the workroom that is! It’s my IPhone! Sorry should have said best helper rather than friend. Here’s why:
The Alarm – if I only want or can only spend say ½ hour on my project I can set the alarm to alert me when my time’s up.

The Stopwatch – if I want to track how long it takes me to do something I can use this tool. This is good because if I get interrupted I can pause it and resume it when I’m back on task.

The Apps – oh yes the apps that are available, some are free and some you have to purchase. I’ve already mentioned the Thread Tracker app I use. Here’s another good app called aNote (Awesome Note) for capturing ideas, organizing information and tracking projects plus a whole lot more. There are many more apps maybe some even better than the ones I’ve found.

Voice Memos – can’t forget this either. I’ve used it to capture a recipe someone is sharing (and I don’t have paper or can’t write fast enough!), record notes to myself as I’m working. Wish I would have remembered this one last night when I was mixing watercolor paints – lol!
And of course you can have music, surf the web, Oh wait! I forgot I should be working in my workroom.
OK back to work. Hopefully I’ll be back tomorrow with an update on my projects, until then …

Happy Stitching!

Rose

No comments: