Friday, January 11, 2019

Finish It Friday Is Back!


Well technically Finish It Friday is to be something I finish on Friday. This kinda is since it is Stitch Meditations for Week One 2019-
I'm actually planning on posting these every seven days so I am a little late with the first seven for 2019.
So here they are:
One
Fabric samples from long ago plus some old variegated threads


Two
Background fabric hand marbled by my son 30 years ago, dk pink scrap left after cutting out petal for an applique rose design. Looked like a footprint to me!

Three
Scraps of fabric and a couple of buttons.

Four
Background fabric was cut from a piece of Sharpie/rubbing alcohol treated fabric gifted to me. My son mentioned a fan I had when he was a kid and this piece turned into a fan with a little stitching and some lace.

Five
Scraps of random fabric stitched together, some more of the Sharpie/rubbing alcohol fabric plus two commercial fabrics. This is one of my most favorite works so far. So much so that I scooped up what little fabric I had of these and stored them away for a future small art quilt I want to make.

Six
Just some scraps of fabric, a yoyo someone else made and a button tied together with some sweet light pink thread.

Seven
Scraps of fabric and two buttons. Love the slightly bohemian look of this one.


Enjoy!
Rose

No comments: